Events and Exhibitions
March to October
- daily: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
November to February
- daily: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Dec 24/25: closed
- Jan 1: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Subject to modifications.
- Full rate 8,00 EUR
- Reduced rate 4,00 EUR
Full rate: EUR 8.00
Reduced rate: EUR 4.00
Ticket rates for the permanent exhibition
- Full rate: EUR 8.00
- Reduced rate: EUR 4.00
- 2 adults and up to 4 children: EUR 18.00
- 1 adult and up to 2 children: EUR 10.00
- Group rate (15 people and more): EUR 6.50 per person
- Group rate for school students (10 people and more): EUR 3.00 per person
- Annual ticket: EUR 16.00
- Reduced annual ticket: EUR 8.00
- Annual ticket for families: EUR 36.00
Audio guide included (German, English, Czech, French, Italian, Polish, Russian; children's audio guide in German) or a written guide for people with hearing impairment.
Combined ticket: Meissen Albechtsburg Castle and Meissen Porcelain Manufactory
- Full rate: EUR 14.00
- Reduced rate: EUR 7.00
- Family rate: EUR 30.00
Combined ticket: Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle and Meissen Cathedral
- Full rate: EUR 10.50
- Reduced rate: EUR 5.50
- Family rate: EUR 25.00
The combined ticket is valid for three days in a row.
- 1 h: EUR 3.00 pp
- 1.5 h: EUR 4.50 pp
- Children aged 5 or younger
- People visiting the castle on their birthday
- Accompanying adults of severly disabled people (entry »B« iin the disability pass)
- Tour guides
- Tour bus drivers accompanying a tour group
- 1 accompanying adult per 10 pupils
- Journalists for reporting purposes (valid identification required)
- Holders of the schloesserlandPASS
- EUR 2.00
Subject to modifications.
How to find us
Whether by car, bus or train: You can always reach Albrechtsburg Castle easily.
Click here for details of how to get there.
Guided Tours and Groups
Get to know the "cradle of Saxony" in a personal guided tour.
Here you can find all information about our tours.
You want more? There is more Schloesserland there with the schloesserlandPASS.
Trendsetter since 1471
Discover Germany's oldest castle
The late-Gothic Albrechtsburg Castle rises majestically above the picturesque Elbe River valley. Built in the 15th century, Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle is regarded to be Germany’s oldest castle. It set trends in the course of time – and not only from an architectural point of view.
Come for a visit and allow to be enchanted by its timeless beauty.
»A TREASURE – NOT OF GOLD«
Benno of Meissen. Saxony’s First Saint
The history of the first Saxon holy saint moved the people for centuries all across Europe – from Saxony via Bavaria to Rome. A cultural-historical special exhibition presents – for the first time – the symbolic role which Bishop Benno of Meissen and his canonization played in the past centuries.