March to October
- daily: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
November to February
- daily: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Dec 24/25: closed
- Jan 1: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Subject to modifications.
- Full rate 8,00 EUR
- Reduced rate 4,00 EUR
Ticket rates for the permanent exhibition
- Full rate: EUR 8.00
- Reduced rate: EUR 4.00
- 2 adults and up to 4 children: EUR 18.00
- 1 adult and up to 2 children: EUR 10.00
- Group rate (15 people and more): EUR 6.50 per person
- Group rate for pupils (10 people and more): EUR 3.00 per person
- Annual ticket: EUR 16.00
- Reduced annual ticket: EUR 8.00
- Annual ticket for families: EUR 36.00
Audio guide (German, English, Czech, French, Italian, Polish, Russian; children's audio guide in German) included. Written guide for deaf people available.
Combined ticket: Meissen Albechtsburg Castle and Meissen Porcelain Manufactory
- Full rate: EUR 14.00
- Reduced rate: EUR 7.00
- Family rate*: EUR 30.00
Combined ticket: Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle and Meissen Cathedral
- Full rate: EUR 10.00
- Reduced rate: EUR 5.50
- Family rate*: EUR 25.00
The combined ticket is valid three days in a row.
- 1 h: EUR 3.00
- 1.5 h: EUR 4.50
- Children aged 5 or younger
- People visiting the castle on their birthday
- Accompanying adults of severly disabled people (entry »B« iin the disability pass)
- Tour guides
- Tour bus drivers accompanying a tour group
- 1 accompanying adult per 10 pupils
- Journalists for reporting purposes (valid identification required)
- Holders of the schloesserlandPASS
- EUR 2.00
Subject to modifications.
How to find us
Whether by car, bus or train: You can reach the Albrechtsburg Castle always straightforward. The exact arrival routes can be found here.
Guided Tours & Group rates
Get to know the "cradle of Saxony" at a personal guide tour.
Here you can find information about our tours.
You want more? More Schlösserland there with the schloesserlandPASS.
Trendsetter since 1471 Discover Germany's oldest castle
The late-Gothic Albrechtsburg Castle rises majestically above the picturesque Elbe River valley. Built in the 15th century, Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle is regarded to be Germany’s oldest castle, which didn't only set trends in terms of architecture in the course of time.
Schloesserland Sachsen and Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle bid you a warm welcome and invite you to embark on an exciting tour of discovery through the castle and its trendsetting new exhibition.
A TREASURE BEYOND GOLD
Benno of Meissen - Saxony´s first saint
The vita of the first Saxon saint has moved the people in Europe over the centuries - from Saxony via Bavaria down to Rome.
For the first time ever, an innovative exhibition presents the symbol-laden role that Bishop Benno of Meissen and his canonization played in the past centuries.