How was the world-famous Meissen Porcelain Manufactory organized within the castle in the 19th century? How did the ladies dress at the court of Sidonie of Saxony? What dishes were served at banquets? And what was the crockery like? Where were artistic masterpieces hidden in the castle during World War II? Come and see for yourself on an interactive adventure through Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle with the HistoPad!
Important information at a glance:
- Nine time portals will take you on an unforgettable journey back to the 15th century.
- Explore the unique architecture of Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle and learn more about the numerous murals and details with augmented reality, 3D reconstructions and high-resolution images.
- Embark on an exciting treasure hunt, find hidden treasures and claim your reward.
- Take a historic selfie to remember your visit.
- Navigate your way through the halls and rooms using the interactive map.
- Available in 10 languages: German, English, French, Czech, Polish, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese.
- Also suitable for people with reduced mobility, visual impairments and hearing loss.
- The HistoPad is included in the admission price. From October 1, 2020, holders of the schloesserlandCARD will pay EUR 3.00 to use the HistoPad.
How does the HistoPad work?
- Scan the time portals in the historic castle halls.
- The HistoPad will detect where you are and take you on a journey through time.
- Move freely through the rooms and watch the castle’s history come to life through augmented reality.
- The 3D reconstructions and models will teach you more about the exciting exhibits, murals and architecture.
- Zoom in on high-resolution photos and discover fascinating details that can hardly be seen with the naked eye.
Travel back to the 15th century with augmented reality and 3D reconstructions, immerse yourself in the historic castle halls and experience the history of Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle like never before.
A new interactive tablet guide – the »HistoPad« – has now been released in Germany, taking visitors on an exciting journey of discovery through Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle with augmented reality and 3D reconstructions…