Benefits with the schloesserlandCARD
Free admission to the permanent exhibition
Reduced rates apply to enter special exhibition
Arrival & map
Next City: Dresden (27 km)
Nearest city: Dresden (27 km)
Information on how to get there:
- Highway A4 Exit Siebenlehn, continue along Federal Road B101, or Exit Wilsdruff;
- Highway A13: Exit Radeburg
- Highway A14: Exit Nossen-Ost;
- Coming from Dresden, use Federal Road B6
The Elbe River cycle path passes directly at the foot of the castle hill from where the Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle and the Cathedral are signposted.
- Towards Boxdorf – Reichenberg – Moritzburg – Auer – Weinböhla – Meißen. Dresden Airport is about 30 km from Meißen
Sightseeing tour through Meißen:
- Between April and October, a bus runs every 30 minutes serving the stops at Albrechtsburg Castle/Cathedral, the Market Square and the Porcelain Manufactory. The modern buses can seat 13 passengers, including a space for a wheelchair. You can opt for the small or the grand tour and learn something about the history of the town.
- More information at: City-Bus Meißen of Oberelbe Tours
- Sächsische Dampfschifffahrt (The Saxon Elbe River Steamboat Operator) offers round trips to the Meissen Albrechtsburg Castle.
- Cars can be parked by the Elbe River, with direct access to the castle via the castle stairs from Leipziger Straße and also from the foot of the castle hill in Meisastraße, where there is also a multi-level carpark and an elevator up to the castle.
- An elevator with a panoramic view eases the ascent to the castle.